Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)

Our goal is to pay you out as fast as possible in compliance with local and global tax laws. As part of onboarding to Prize Payments, you will be asked to submit a tax form and provide a Tax Identification Number.

The information in this article is of a general nature only and is not legal or professional advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a specialist).

Taxpayer (or Tax) Identification Number (TIN) is an identifying number used for tax purposes in the United States and in other countries under the Common Reporting Standard.

Most countries use Tax Identification Numbers (TINs) to identify taxpayers and facilitate the administration of their national tax affairs. 

If you do not have U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number, you should input your TIN in the Foreign Tax ID Number field highlighted below when filling out your tax form. Not sure which form to fill out? Read more about tax forms here - Submit a tax form.
United States Outside of the United States

In the United States, the most common TINs are:

  • Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

For more information regarding U.S. Taxpayer Identification Numbers, please refer to the official website of the Internal Revenue Service (

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful