After adding a payout method to your account, you may be required to complete a tax form. United States federal tax law requires that we collect tax information through an IRS Form W-9 and report on certain income paid for all payments sourced from the United States.
Please note that we cannot provide tax, legal or accounting advice, but we will do our best to provide you with the information you need to make your own decisions on how to comply with U.S. tax laws. If you still have questions after reviewing the information provided, contact your own tax, legal and/or accounting advisor prior to completing a tax form.
You are considered a US person if you are
- An individual who is a US citizen or US resident alien.
- A partnership, limited liability company, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States.
- An estate (other than a foreign estate), or
- A domestic trust (as defined in US tax regulations).
If you qualify as a US person
As a US person, you will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9. and provide your Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN).
For official instructions on how to complete a Form W-9, please refer to the IRS website here.
- Select the radio for I am a U.S. Person and click Continue.
- Enter your name or business/entity name as it is shown on your income tax return.
- Enter your mailing address.
- Select your federal tax classification. If you aren't sure what your classification is, refer to the official instructions linked above.
- Enter your 9 digit social security number (XX-XXX-XXXX) or employer identification number (XX-XXXXXXX).
- If you qualify for any exemptions, select the applicable payee code or FATCA reporting code. You can view these codes by clicking on Payee Codes and Reporting Codes under the respective inputs.
- Click Continue to proceed.
Certifying your tax form
Once you've arrived at the certification step, be sure to read over the taxpayer information that you have provided and check for any mistakes.
Before providing your signature, please ensure that
- The number shown on the form is your correct taxpayer identification number
- You are not subject to backup withholding. If you are unsure about this, refer to the IRS website here for more information on backup withholding.
Leaving this box unchecked will assign a 24% tax withholding rate to your account. Please be sure to refer to the official IRS resource above and consult with a tax advisor before leaving this unchecked.
- You are a US citizen or other qualifying US person
- The FATCA code(s) entered (if any) indicating exemption from FATCA reporting are correct
- You have read and acknowledged the certification
When signing (typing) your name on the form, be sure that the information provided is correct and that you are properly authorized to sign the form. Please note that once your form has been submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
To submit your signature along with the form, click the button to Complete W-9.
After submission, your Form W-9 will temporarily have the Submitted status while it is undergoing review. Once the information on your form has been verified, the form will be assigned the Reviewed status.