After adding a payout method to your account, you may be required to complete a tax form. United States federal tax law requires that we collect tax information through an IRS Form W-8BEN and report on certain income paid for all payments sourced from the United States.
Please note that we cannot provide tax, legal or accounting advice, but we will do our best to provide you with the information you need to make your own decisions on how to comply with U.S. tax laws. If you still have questions after reviewing the information provided, contact your own tax, legal and/or accounting advisor prior to completing a tax form.
If you are a non-US person
As a non-US person, you may be required to complete an IRS Form W-8BEN and provide your Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (FTIN) or United States Social Security Number (SSN) if applicable.
For official instructions on how to complete a Form W-8BEN, please refer to the IRS website here.
- Select the radio for I am not a U.S. Person and I am an Individual. Click Continue.
- Enter your first (given) name and last (family) name.
- Enter the address of your permanent residence.
- Provide your mailing address, if necessary.
- Enter your taxpayer identification number. This will either be a Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (FTIN) or a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (SSN).
For a list of international Foreign Taxpayer Identification Numbers, click here.
It is important to note
In order to claim tax treaty benefits, it is important that you provide a form of taxpayer identification. If you do not provide an FTIN or SSN, your payments may be subject to 30% tax withholding on processing.
- If you qualify for special rates and conditions as a result of tax treaty benefits, review the applicable income codes, withholding rates, and treaty articles.
- Click Continue to proceed.
Certifying your tax form
Before you certify your tax form, you will have the opportunity to review the information that you have provided. Please be sure to check that all of the details listed are correct before clicking Continue.
If you are a resident of a country that does not have an income tax treaty with the United States, your payments may be subject to 30% withholding on processing. For a list of countries with income tax treaties, see the IRS website here.
Before providing your signature, please ensure that
- You are the beneficial owner (or authorized to sign for the individual that is the beneficial owner) of all the income to which the form relates.
- You are a non-US person.
- If you are a resident of a treaty country -- that the correct country is listed and that you are an applicable resident within the meaning of the income tax treaty.
- The beneficial owner is an exempt foreign person for broker transactions or barter exchanges as detailed in the official IRS instructions here.
When signing (typing) your name on the form, be sure to read over the disclaimers and authorizations, and confirm that the information provided is correct and that you are properly authorized to sign the form. Please note that once your form has been submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
To submit your signature along with the form, click the button to Complete W-8BEN.
After submission, your Form W-8BEN will temporarily have the Submitted status while it is undergoing review. Once the information on your form has been verified, the form will be assigned the Reviewed status.