After adding a payout method to your account, you may be required to complete a tax form. United States federal tax law requires that we collect tax information through an IRS Form W-8BEN-E and report on certain income paid for all payments sourced from the United States.
Please note that we cannot provide tax, legal or accounting advice, but we will do our best to provide you with the information you need to make your own decisions on how to comply with U.S. tax laws. If you still have questions after reviewing the following information, contact your own tax, legal and/or accounting advisor prior to completing a Form W-8BEN-E.
If you are a non-US business
As a non-US business, you may be required to complete an IRS Form W-8BEN-E and provide the Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (FTIN) or United States Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the business if applicable.
For official instructions on how to complete a Form W-8BEN-E, please refer to the IRS website here.
- Select the radio for I am not a U.S. Person and I am a Corporation. Click Continue.
- Enter the name of your organization (beneficial owner).
- Select the country of incorporation.
- Select the type of entity.
- Enter the permanent residence address.
- Provide the mailing address, if necessary.
- Enter the taxpayer identification number for the organization. This will either be a Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (FTIN) or a U.S. Employer Identification Number (EIN).
For a list of international Foreign Taxpayer Identification Numbers, click here.
It is important to note
In order to claim tax treaty benefits, it is important that you provide a form of taxpayer identification. If you do not provide an FTIN or EIN, your payments may be subject to 30% tax withholding on processing.
- Click Continue.
To claim treaty benefits, you must certify that
- The beneficial owner is a resident of the treaty country within the meaning of income tax treaty between the United States and that country.
- The beneficial owner derives the item (or items) of income for which the treaty benefits are claimed, and if applicable, meets the requirements of the treaty provision dealing with limitation of benefits.
- Select the type of limitations on benefits provisions that may be included in an applicable tax treaty. See the official IRS instructions here.
If you qualify for special rates and conditions as a result of tax treaty benefits, review the applicable income codes, withholding rates, and treaty articles. Click Continue to proceed.
Certifying your tax form
Before you certify your tax form, you will have the opportunity to review the information that you have provided. Please be sure to check that all of the details listed are correct before clicking Continue.
If you are a resident of a country that does not have an income tax treaty with the United States, your payments may be subject to 30% withholding on processing. For a list of countries with income tax treaties, see the IRS website here.
Before providing your signature, please ensure that
- You (the entity) are the beneficial owner of all the income to which the form relates, or
- using the form to certify status for chapter 4 purposes, or
- are a merchant submitting the form for purposes of section 6050W
- You (the entity) are a non-US person.
- The income to which the form relates is
- not effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States
- effectively connected but is not subject to tax under an income tax treaty
- the partner’s share of a partnership's effectively connected income
- The beneficial owner is an exempt foreign person for broker transactions or barter exchanges as detailed in the official IRS instructions here.
When signing (typing) your name on the form, be sure to read over the disclaimers and authorizations, and confirm that the information provided is correct and that you are properly authorized to sign the form. Please note that once your form has been submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
To submit your signature along with the form, click the button to Complete W-8BEN-E.
After submission, your Form W-8BEN-E will temporarily have the Submitted status while it is undergoing review. Once the information on your form has been verified, the form will be assigned the Reviewed status.